Have you known about birthstone color? Actually, people have their own birthstone. And for you who were born in October, you are better to know about October birthstone color. Birthstone is so varies, and every birthstone has beautiful color.
So, what is the birthstone for October? October birthstone is opal. Most opals are white with pale sparkles in color of rainbow. Some opals are also colorless and transparent, and those are called as crystal opals. There are also fire opals whose the body has red, yellow or orange color.
Opal is so beautiful and looks so wonderful with its color. So, it is often used as jewelry. Not only about it, opal has other benefits when it is worn. Read the information below to know more about opal–the birthstone for October.
Is the Color of October Birthstone important?
Some people may not know about the use of October birthstone color whereas it is so important when purchasing a gemstone. Birthstone color can influence the value of gemstone. The more beautiful color of opal can make the value higher than other opal gem.
Interesting Facts about October Birthstone Color
As explained before, opal is the birthstone for October. Not only birthstone, opal is also zodiac stone for people who have Libra (September 24-October 23) zodiac. Here are other facts about October birthstone color that you have to know:
- Opal comes with various colors. Most opals are white with pale sparkle in color of rainbow. Other types of opal are crystal opal and fire opal. Crystal opal has transparent body and also colorless. But, it reflects the light. While fire opal has colored body, such as red, orange and yellow.
- Opal can be found in various countries, such as Australia, Brazil, The United State, Columbia and Mexico. But, the most transparent opal and fire opal can be found in Mexico. So, what is the birthstone for October? That is opal which can be found in various countries, but various types of opal can be found in Mexico.
- People in 14th Century believed that this gem could strengthen and sharpen vision.
- The largest opal is Olympic Australis which has been found in Eight Mile in Coober Pedy, Australia. So what is the birthstone for October? That is Opal, and the largest opal is Olympic Austarils which weighs 17,000 carats.
- Opal is species of silica mineral. It has 6 or 6.5 as its hardness scale. So, it can be included into soft gem when it is compared to other gem
- The colors of opal influence the value of opal. The more colors in an oval, the gem will be more valuable.
The Meaning of October Birthstone Color
Like other gemstone, October birthstone color has its own meaning. White color of opal means purity and virtue. Opal is also associated with innocence, hope, purity and faith. Opal is believed as Eye Stone. So, people in 14th Century believed that this gem could strengthen and sharpen vision. People who are superstition in India also believed that this gem could enhance the memory.
Birthstone Color for October –Hue, Tone, Saturation
When we talk about October birthstone color, it can be divided into 3 categories; those are hue, tone, and saturation. Hue is the first impression of color multi colored. Tone is the darkness or lightness of the ranging from light to medium, and medium to dark. And the last one is saturation, which is the intensity of opal color that is measured from dull to strong, and to vivid.
Well, those are the information about October birthstone color. Hopefully the information above will be useful for you.