Have you known about birthstone color? Actually, people have their own birthstone. And for you who were born in September, you are better to know about September birthstone color. Birthstone is so varies, and it has various colors too.
So, what is birthstone color for September? September birthstone is sapphire which has deep blue color. Although sapphire comes with various colors, but deep blue can be called as the birthstone color for September.
Sapphire is so beautiful and looks so wonderful with its color. So, it is often used as jewelry. Not only about it, sapphire has other benefits when it is worn. Read the information below to know more about sapphire, the birthstone for September.
Is the Color of a Birthstone Important?
Some people may not know about the use of September birthstone color whereas it is so important when purchasing a gemstone. Birthstone color can influence the value of gemstone. For example, the deeper blue color of sapphire, can make the gemstone is more valuable.
Facts about September Birthstone that You Have to Know
As explained before, sapphire is the birthstone for September. Not only birthstone, sapphire is also zodiac stone for people who have Virgo (August 23-September 22) zodiac. Here are other facts about September birthstone color that you have to know:
- Sapphire is so varies. It comes with various colors and shades, but deep blue sapphire is the birthstone for September.
- The color of sapphire influences the value of sapphire gemstone. The deeper blue color of sapphire can make the value become so high.
- Sapphire gemstones which have other color (not blue) have higher price or more valuable.
- Sapphire can be found in various countries, such as Kenya, the US, Australia, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Burma, Thailand, Kashmir, China and Tanzania. But, the most precious sapphire found in Burma.
- Sapphire gemstone was found since long time ago. The Buddhist believed Sapphire stone will bring happiness and peace to its wearer. Even, this stone is believed to create desire for prayer to the wearer.
- Sapphire is so hard. The hardness is almost same with diamond. So, sapphire is so good to be jewelry because resistant to scratch.
- There are some sapphire gemstones which have high cost and so large, such as Queen Mary of Romania, The Star of India Sapphire, Logan sapphire, and more. But the geologist has claimed that the largest sapphire has been found in Sri Lanka. The sapphire has 1404.49 carats for its weigh, and the nickname is The Star of Adam
The Meaning of September Birthstone Color
Every birthstone has color and the color has meaning. September birthstone color is deep blue and it is found in sapphire. So, what is the meaning of deep blue? People believe that September birthstone color is good to heal healthy problem and also emotional. In Biblical meaning deep blue means heavenly grace, and the Virgin Mary is depicted wearing blue cloth. Sapphire also represents truth, purity, honesty and dependability. So, sapphire is commonly used for engagement rings.
Birthstone Color for September– Hue, Tone, Saturation
When we talk about September birthstone color, it can be divided into 3 categories; those are hue, tone, and saturation. Hue is the first impression of color deep blue. Tone is the darkness or lightness of the ranging from light to medium, and medium to dark. And the last one is saturation, which is the intensity of sapphire color that is measured from dull to strong, and to vivid.
Well, those are some information for you about September birthstone color. Hopefully the information above will be useful for you.