What Makes 14 Carat Gold different from 10K and 18K Gold?

If you like wearing gold jewelry, you may have experience of being confused. You may hesitate on which kind of gold you will buy. The stores normally provide the yellow gold setting as 10k, 14k and 18k. As you are looking the yellow gold ring, you may wonder which one you want to buy. Some people may choose 14 carat gold because this gold is in the middle between the others.

When you see 10k, 14k and 18k, do you know what does the ‘k’ stand for? That ‘k’ is the abbreviation for karat. Karat is the measurement used in gold’s purity. Don’t mix it with carat as written ‘c’. That ‘c’ is measurement for diamonds’ weight.
This article will answer the questions of what is the difference in gold purity in 10k, 14k and 18k yellow gold? and where to buy gold wedding rings or diamond rings? Moreover, this article also talks about pros and cons of 10K gold, pros and cons of 14K gold and pros and cons of 18K gold.

 

What is the difference in gold purity in 10k, 14k and 18k yellow gold?

Gold has its purity which is 24 karats. Rationally, when the gold is 24 karat means that gold is 100% gold. Then what is the difference in gold purity in 10k, 14k and 18k yellow gold? For 18k yellow gold, it only contains of 75% of gold.

Usually the 75% is written as ‘750’ in the 18k yellow gold ring. Then, where is the remaining? Different metal which add the hardness for the gold are the remaining 25%. The mix between gold and metal alloys determines the karat grades.

 

Pros and Cons of 10K gold

Here are the pros and cons of 10K gold. When you see the gold is 10K, then you can conclude that that gold has more alloys comparing to gold. For exact measurement, it is 41.7% of gold and 58.3% of alloy.

However, the pros are the price which is cheaper than 14k and 18k gold. Some people call it discount gold. If you look closer, this 10K gold has pale appearance. It is easy and quick to be dull. So it will need constant care.

 

Pros and Cons of 14K gold

Next is the pros and cons of 14K gold. Most people choose 14k gold for their engagement and wedding rings. Moreover, it is quite popular options. Almost 90% of all engagement and wedding rings are made of 14K gold. The popularity of 14k of gold is because it consists of 58.5% gold.

The durability is better than 10k of gold and it is not easy to be dull. The appearance is great with beautiful yellow gold. Most importantly, at glance, you cannot differentiate it with 18k gold. Comparing with 18k gold, this 14k gold is still cheaper.

 

Pros and Cons of 18K gold

Though 18K gold may be the best, but still it has pros and cons of 18K gold. This gold contains 75% of gold. Comparing to other gold metals, it is the highest quantity of gold. Moreover, it is hard to find gold with higher karat than 18k of gold. If there is, then it will be easily scratched. Usually, 18k gold is used to mount diamond for engagement rings.

This 18k gold is surely the priciest among others. It is not recommended to have 18k gold ring for everyday wear because this gold will be easily to soften. It needs more care than 14k gold.

 

Where to buy gold wedding rings or diamond rings?

If you are still questioning on where to buy gold wedding rings or diamond rings? Then you can get both rings in James Allen. There are almost 500 different rings. You can choose from the 14k gold till 18k gold. Moreover, there are available in yellow and white gold. The availability and kind of diamonds is varied as well.

In conclusion, it is back to your preference whether you like 14 carat gold or others. There are difference pros and cons you can consider. For sure, between 10k gold, 14k gold and 18k gold, they are different in gold’s quantity. However, each of them also has their advantage such as the price, the color, the availability and also the appearance. If you want the affordable price, you can choose the 10k gold. But if you like the quality, you can choose the 14k gold or 18k gold.

 

10,14 and 18 Carat Gold Rings, Earrings , and Necklace Photos Gallery :

 

# 10 Carat Gold Ring

10 Carat Gold Ring Images
# 10 Carat Gold Necklace

10 Carat Gold Necklace Pictures
# 10 Carat Gold Earrings

10 Carat Gold Earrings Pictures

# 14 Carat Gold Ring

14 Carat Gold Ring
# 14 Carat Gold Necklace

14 Carat Gold Necklace
# 14 Carat Gold Earrings

14 Carat Gold Earrings Pictures

# 18 Carat Gold Ring

18 Carat Gold Ring Pictures
# 18 Carat Gold Necklace

18 Carat Gold Necklace Pictures
# 18 Carat Gold Earrings

18 Carat Gold Earrings Pictures

Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *